Welcome to the DBA web site
Please help keep these pages up to date by emailing us with news.
Quick links (links to recent results and events for the next three months) are at the bottom of the page, accessed via the button above.
Keep up to date with our .
Entries are due soon for:
- Devon Teams (Western Morning News)
- Section Leagues
- the South Section league is now on the 4th MONDAY and no longer clashes with a Newton Abbot playing night.
- There will be a West Section League of 2 divisions to which everyone is welcome. The first match will be on 25 September, then from November to April on the first Thursday of each month (Jan, 2nd Thurs) at 7pm in Plymouth Bridge Club. Entries to Ros Morgan: firstname.lastname@example.org 01752 719327 by 20 September. Partners and teammates can be found.
Notes on Committee Meeting
Draft minutes are available here.
- The new committee met for the first time and confirmed, reappointed and rearranged the sub-committees.
- Changes were agreed to the payments to players representing the County in matches.
- The Treasurer presented a budget for 2014/15 which will be achievable with the transfers that have been made of some section funds to central funds.
- Representtatives from the EBU’s Regional Club Working Groups will soon be forming a National Group. This is the way for clubs to put their views forward and be heard by an EBU Board member. Contact Dick Andrews if you have any views.
- Counties are encouraged by the EBU (and its offshoot EBED) to have a Youth Officer. Any volunteers?
- There will be no printed calendar this year; instead all information will be updated on the website and a 2-page printed version provided to Club for their notice boards with a request to print hard copies for any club members who have no internet access.
- Watch this space : there may be a West Section league (check website for updates).
Interleague Finals 2014
Devon A finished 3rd in the finals between the winners of the 5 regional leagues beind strong teams from Worcester and Manchester. The B team finished 4th. Full results are on www.bridgewebs.com/mitch.
Andrew Robson Seminars
Monday 29 September to Thursday 2 October
Andrew Robson's seminar programme is now ready, complete with topics and contact details.
EBU Riviera Congress
27-29 June 2014
The EBU Riviera Congress was held in Torquay over the weekend. Alex Maddocks and Alex Hog finished second in the Swiss Pairs and in the Swiss Teams (with David S Jones and Trevor Ward).
Congratulations to Warner Solomon, Jim Grant, Stefan Lindfors and Alex Maddocks who have reached the finals of the Crockfords Cup, England's premier teams championship. They have won five knock-out matches, beating seeds along the way and will now play in the finals weekend at the beginning of September.
Dorset Green Point Swiss Teams
Congratulations to Richard Lingham and Viv Mably who won the Dorset Swiss Teams with Robert Mabley and Alan Biggs.
Summer 2014 EBU Events
Now is the time to be thinking of the Brighton Summer Meeting (8-17 August). There are lots of events over the Brighton week - the main congress events (full schedule), Brighton Lite Events and Really Easy Events plus seminars, TD courses and late night speedballs - something for everyone.