Minutes of the AGM of the DBA held on Sunday 19 June 2011 at the Isca Centre.
Draft minutes pending approval at 2012 AGM.
Present Andrew Leslie (retiring Chairman, in the chair), David Hugo (retiring vice-Chairman), Terence Treeby (Hon Sec), Martin Read (Hon Treasurer) and about 58 members.
1. Apologies Joy Pellow, Terry Cannon, Linda Starling.
2. Minutes of 2010 AGM were approved and signed.
3. Matters arising At the November committee meeting in accordance with the DBA Constitution 7(g) Andrew Leslie was co-opted as Chairman and Martin Read as Hon. Treasurer.
4. Chairman’s report The Chairman reported on the past year. The DBA set up a series of Working parties on Education, Clubs and Competitions. As a result a number of initiatives and changes have happened. The Chairman thanked the Hon Sec and the sections for their work. Full report.
Representations and final amendments will be considered at the July committee meeting.
5. Presentation of Prizes
Western Morning News for Devon Teams : S. Lindfors, J. Grant, A. and J. Bailey
The Devon Teams Plate : D. Clarke, M, Gibson, D. Andrews, G. Wiseman
The Kevin and Ann Slee Trophy (Victor Ludorum) A. Slee
Swiss Teams trophy will be presented at the end of the event.
6. Treasurer’s report Presented and accepted (proposed John Murray Brown, seconded Steve Quinn). Accounts.
7. Election of Chairman, vice-Chairman, Hon. Treasurer, Hon. Secretary and Auditors
Nigel Richardson was the only nominee as vice-Chairman (proposed by Jeanine Keith, seconded by Joy Murray Brown) ; Terence Treeby the only nominee as Hon. Secretary (proposed by Terry Cannon, seconded by Jeanine Keith); Martin Read is the only nominee as Hon. Treasurer (proposed by Bruce Foster, seconded by Andrew Leslie. The meeting approved their appointment.
8. Election of County Club Representative to serve on EBU Regional Club Committees
Dick Andrews was the only nominee. Any election would have been by one club, one vote. Clubs were circulated regarding the nomination and support was received from 8 clubs. Therefore he becomes the County Club Representative.
9. The committee proposal (proposed Andrew Leslie, seconded Terence Treeby) that for the year from April 2011 the DBA P2P component will be 3p; the club subscription will be nil was accepted.
A view was expressed that is 3p is sufficient then we should be able to run the Mixed Pairs at a loss, preferably in February.
10. Any other business none.
The meeting closed at 11.30am.